Bolton Hill Marathon Weekend

Sat 10th June 2017 | Bolton, Lancashire | BL1 6NQ
Add My Race Review

About

The Bolton Hill Marathon has a 300 runner limit for each day - it is one of the toughest marathons in the UK that you can do twice if you're up for the challenge!

The Course

Around 70% of the course is on trails whilst the other 30% is along country roads. The route follows some of the most beautiful trails and country roads on the West Pennine Moors. Runners take on Winter Hill before running past White Coppice and along the famous Anglezarke Reservoir, past Rivington Pike and Barn, through Barrow Bridge village and down the miners 63 steps. A hilly race is an understatement with 2997 ft of total ascent. Ouch.

Race Video

Rachel Rick (2014 race)

2014 Sunday marathon was great - lovely weather! Challenging and frequently changing terrain - some were really difficult. We made good progress until Winter Hill at mile 21! Really well organised, great massages available, well stocked feed stations with friendly, encouraging marshals, Enjoyed it!